Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua), and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: “Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word” (CCC, no. 1213).
“Baptism is birth into the new life in Christ. In accordance with the Lord’s will, it is necessary for salvation, as is the Church herself, which we enter by Baptism” (CCC, no. 1277).
Requirements for Parents
- Parents must be registered and active member of St. Agnes parish or have permission from their home parish to have their child baptized at St. Agnes.
- All children being baptized must have at least one godparent.
- Parents must provide the birth certificate of their child.
- Parents must contact the parish before making further plans by filling out the registration form below.
Requirements for Godparents
- Godparents must be at least 16 years of age and if married, have been married in the Catholic Church.
- Godparents must be actively practicing the Catholic Faith. If not registered at St. Agnes, they must obtain a certificate of eligibility from their parish.
- Godparents cannot be the parents or grandparents of the child being baptized.
- A baptized person who belongs to a non-Catholic ecclesial community may be a witness but only with a Catholic Godparent.
To submit Baptism registration form Click Here