St. Agnes Parish, a Christian family located in Kanawha City, is a multi-generational community committed to Catholic spiritual and moral values. We share the Gospel of Christ through the liturgical, charitable, and social efforts as we endeavor to live out our baptismal call.
All are welcome, especially visitors, guests, and those new to the community.
Founded in 1922 St. Agnes Parish was formed from Sacred Heart Parish to satisfy the spiritual needs of the families of the glass workers at the plants in Kanawha City.
The first Mass offered in St. Agnes Parish was in a pool room opposite the glass works by Father William A. Lee and forty parishioners.
1923 Saw the erection of St. Agnes combined Church and School Building on MacCorkle Avenue.
1957 Archbishop John Swint dedicated St. Agnes Church and School at its present location.
2020 After consulting with Parish and Finance Councils, and the superintendent of Catholic Schools, Bishop Mark Brennan made the decision to close St. Agnes School.
|Fr. Jose Manuel Escalante|
|Tony and Tina Tallarico|
Marriage Preparation and Scheduling